Wednesday 17 December 2008

*sniffles*

What started yesterday with a bit of sneezing and a slightly sore throat suddenly was a full-blown cold today. *pouts*

But at least my taste buds seem to be unaffected so far. And since I was rather peckish earlier and happened to have all the needed ingredients in the house, I tried Vegan Dad's recipe for mock tuna salad, which can be found here: http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2007/12/tunori-sandwiches.html

It turned out very nice, even though my small food processor had trouble chopping the chickpeas and the nori really fine. I better do it in two batches next time. And since I used the 'Mayonnaise Natur' made by Plamil, which is rather vinegar-y, I added a tiny bit of sugar.

Since we're on the subject of mayonnaise...

Photobucket

...the plain version of this stuff turns out to be my favourite of all the vegan mayos I've tried so far. Like I said, it has a rather prominent vinegar note, but it's fine for sandwiches and when using it for salads and stuff you can always add a pinch of sugar. It has a nice, smooth texture and a fresh, almost spicy taste that reminds me a bit of Miracle Whip.

I also bought a jar of the garlic version, looking forward to try that one.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Excellent posting, my friend, excellent!!!
Congratulations!!!